Remember that over 75% of waste produced is recyclables as long as its clean and dry before placing them in the bin. Plastic bags film plastic and wrappers are no longer accepted. Some examples include, grocery bags, bread, chips, newspaper, sandwich and produce bags. Do not bag your recyclables, (shredded paper should be the only bagged item in a clear see thru bag).
Residential Recycling Services
To set up recycling services, please call Customer Service (831) 768-3133.
- Curbside collection of recycling occurs every other week.
- A 95 gallon blue recycling cart is provided to each household at no additional charge.
- Do not overload your cart. You may request a larger cart or second cart, if needed.
Commercial Recycling Services
All businesses are required to recycle. The City of Watsonville is committed to supporting your business with compliance. Our goal is to make recycling easier for your business and reach full compliance.
Solid Waste Outreach staff is available to:
- Help create and implement a waste reduction plan for your business.
- Provide technical assistance with setting up infrastructure for recycling.
- Train your staff on proper recycling.
- Provide recognition opportunities.
The City’s Solid Waste Division also provides Organics Waste Recycling services for local businesses, for more information please contact Customer Service (831) 768-3133.
General Collection Guidelines
- Cart wheels should touch the curb and handles facing your house.
- Leave 3 feet of clearance on all sides of your carts (signs, poles, cars, etc.).
- Set your cart out the night before. Garbage and recycling service starts at 4:30 a.m.
- Do not place bulky items in carts; please take them to the City's Drop-off Center.
Mandatory Recycling Requirements
California requires mandatory commercial recycling as required by Assembly Bill 341 (Chapter 476, Statutes of 2011 [Chesbro, AB 341]) and Senate Bill 1018. This regulation addresses recycling requirements for businesses that generate 4 or more cubic yards of commercial solid waste per week and multifamily residential dwellings with 5 or more units, regardless of the amount of waste generated; local jurisdiction requirements for education, outreach, monitoring and reporting; and CalRecycle review.
To report a problem, such as missed service, illegal dumping, or container repair or for general questions call Customer Service (831) 768-3133.