Parks, open spaces and beaches are currently open.
Community members are encouraged to use these areas for walking, jogging, and other activities, but not to congregate. Remember to follow safe social distancing guidelines. If an area is too crowded, consider visiting at a different time or visiting another location.
Please observe the following rules:
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others.
- Sports: Tennis may be played singles only. All other sports may be played with members of the same household only. No team/group play.
- No use of shared equipment.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wear a mask.
Also be advised that due to reduced staffing levels, shared park amenities, i.e. playgrounds, picnic areas, etc, are not being cleaned or sanitized. To help safeguard our community, please observe CDC guidance on stopping the spread of germs if using these shared amenities.
Current Status of our Parks
- All Parks and Playgrounds are currently open Sunrise to Sunset.
- All Recreation Buildings
- Administrative Offices
- Callaghan Park Restrooms
- River Park Restrooms
The Parks Division is responsible for:
- 26 parks totaling 143 acres
- Public areas around the downtown, City Hall, Watsonville and Freedom Libraries, and Gene Hoularis and Waldo Rodriguez Youth Center
- 10 municipal parking lots
- 350 street trees
- 7 acres of street medians and planters
- 8 tennis courts, 15 basketball and volleyball courts
- 16 playgrounds
- 1 skate park
- Assisting with special event and sport field setup
- Planning the holiday tree and decorating City Plaza in December
- Get more information about each beautiful park in Watsonville.
- Park rules created to make your parks enjoyable for everyone.
- Table of amenities at all parks.
- Explore the wonderful slough trail system in Watsonville.
- Learn about the future of parks in Watsonville.
- Honor an individual or group while adding an important asset to a park.
- Discover how Watsonville is becoming greener.