NoticeEffective April 1, 2018, the Utility Billing new hours will be:
- Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. closed during lunchtime (1:00-2:00 p.m.).
To Start Utility Service
Contact Utilities staff at (831) 768-3455. Water service availability charges as well as minimum solid waste and minimum sanitary sewer charges will be charged unless and until the customer satisfactorily closes his/her account with the city and no longer occupies the location where service is provided.
Applicants who have not subscribed to city utility service in the last twelve (12) months will be required to pay a service activation fee. New service requests will be processed the same business day if received before 3:00 p.m. new service requests after 3:00 p.m. will be processed the next business day.
To Terminate Utility Service
Contact Utilities staff at (831) 768-3455 at least one business day in advance and indicate the day you would like to terminate service. If the account is not under your name, you will be asked to confirm your authority.
Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay makes it easy for you to manage your City of Watsonville utility account! You can view bills online, see payment and usage history, and make one-time or automatic online payments. All you need to do is register.
Free online bill pay is here and waiting for you. Enroll with just your Utility account number and billing address by visiting the Online Biller website, and click the link in your confirmation.
Utility Rates Study (August 2015) & Prop 218 Notice
Benefits of Online Bill Pay
We know you may be uncertain about online bill pay and prefer to mail in your check. Or you are already using your bank's online service to pay your City utility bill. That doesn't have to change. But if you use our new service, you'll get these wonderful benefits:
- Your payment will post on the following business day. Those who use their bank's online service may have their payments delayed 3-5 days while their bank processes and sends their manual check to the City for processing.
- Access your past 18 months of your utility bills, payment history and any information inserts (starting with October 2009 transactions).
- Get your utility bill by email and opt for paperless bills
- 24 hour a day account access. You can make changes or send in questions when it's convenient for you (payment preferences, billing information, etc.)
- Choose between multiple payments methods (Checking, Savings, Visa, MasterCard, Discover) for any utility account
- Take advantage of your credit card's bonus programs and earn miles/points for paying your utility bill with your credit card
- Security knowing your information will not be used for another purpose or sold
- Save money and time by never using a stamp again or using gas to make a payment in person
Online Bill Pay is not required. You can still pay your bill by:
- Mail - P.O. Box 149, Watsonville, CA 95077
- In person at City Hall, 250 Main St., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Over the phone by credit card at 768-3455, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Over the phone by credit card or electronic check 24/7 by calling 855-748-3077
- Using the 2 drop-boxes at City Hall (near the entrance to Finance or the Green drop-box in the rear parking lot).