Strategic Plan and Park Specific Master Plans
This past year, the City of Watsonville Parks and Community Services Department has been working with Verde Design to lead a community input process to develop the Department's Strategic Plan and park master plans for the City Plaza and Ramsay Park. Results of the community input process will be used to create the strategic direction and priorities of the Parks and Community Services Department for the next 5-10 years. The resulting Strategic Plan will serve as an action plan and update to the 2009 Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
This process will also be used to develop park master plans for the City Plaza and Ramsay Park. The City Plaza Master Plan will incorporate renovations to address current and future uses, while reflecting community character and the Plaza's historical significance and features. The Ramsay Park Master Plan will consider current and future uses and amenities, placement of amenities, overall character of the park and its significance as a community asset.
Check this page for updates or sign up to receive our monthly newsletter and email updates. Come engage with us!
We anticipate that these plans will be finalized by January 2020.
Most Current Design Options
Check out the latest drafts and design concepts! Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parks and Recreation Strategic Plan
- City Plaza
- Preferred Concept
- CEQA - IS/MND
- Historical Articles on the City Plaza
- Ramsay Park
Community Engagement Schedule
- General Workshop - Thursday, February 28, 6-8p at Civic Plaza Community Room (275 Main St., 4th Floor)
- General Workshop - Saturday, March 2, 12-2p at Civic Plaza Community Room (275 Main St., 4th Floor)
- General Workshop - Thursday, March 7, 6-8p at Ramsay Park Family Center (1301 Main St.)
- City Plaza/Strategic Plan - Wednesday, March 27, 6-8p at Civic Plaza Community Room (275 Main St., 4th Floor).
- Ramsay Park/Strategic Plan - Wednesday, April 10, 6-8p at Ramsay Park Family Center (1301 Main St.).
- Pop Up Meeting - Saturday, April 13, 9a-1p at Ramsay Park
- Pop Up Meeting - Sunday, April 28, 12-4p at the Plaza (Earth Day/Day of the Child event)
- Parks and Recreation Commission Study Session - Monday, July 1, 6:30p at City Council Chambers
- Planning Commission Report - Tuesday, July 2, 6:00p at City Council Chambers
- City Council Study Session - Tuesday, July 9, 4:00p at Civic Plaza Community Room (275 Main St., 4th Floor)
- Parks and Recreation Commission Final Adoption - Monday, August 5, 6:30p at City Council Chambers
- City Council Final Adoption - January 2020 at City Council Chambers