Unable to afford going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium?
The Shelf to Shore program gives free aquarium passes to low-income families so they can attend.
How to Qualify for a Free Aquarium Pass
1. Be unable to afford going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. 2. Be an adult aged 18+ with a library card in good standing. 3. Be a resident of zip codes 95076 or 95019.
What you Need to Know When You Visit the Aquarium
1. You need to bring your free aquarium pass, library card, and Photo ID to the aquarium. If you are missing any of these you will not be allowed entrance. 2. Proof of vaccination is required for all adults aged 18+ 3. Masks must be worn while visiting the aquarium.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are small children able to get in for free? Yes, small children pre-school or younger are able to visit the aquarium for free.
2. Can I go during Spring Break? Or another holiday? No, the shelf to shore passes are not valid during holiday times. Please refer to your pass itself, it will list what dates are blackout dates, meaning, the pass will not be usable on those days.
3. My child's class is going and I want to get a pass to go with them. We are very sorry, but the shelf to shore pass is not for this kind of use. Please speak with the teacher in charge of the visit to make sure you can attend with your child for their class visit.