Submission Deadline: October 31 at 11:59 pm
Exhibition: Nov 7 – Dec 5
Theme: We Are Watsonville
Watsonville Public Library is seeking photography entries that portray the people, places, cultures, and wildlife of Watsonville and the surrounding community.
Amateur photographers of all ages living in the Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Benito area are each invited to submit their own original digital photograph by 11:59 pm on October 31.
A panel of judges will evaluate the entries and prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for four different age categories: elementary school (K-5), middle school (6th-8th), high school (9th-12th) and adult.
Entries will be displayed in the Watsonville Public Library lobby from November 7 to December 5. Entries will also be displayed on a Virtual Gallery on the Watsonville Public Library Website throughout the months of November and December 2022.
This contest is open to amateur photographers who live in the Santa Cruz, Monterey, or San Benito area only. An amateur photographer is defined here as an individual who does not make a living by selling their photography.
- One entry per person
- The photo can be in color or black-and-white.
- Software editing of photos should be minimal.
- All entries must be original, unpublished, and the work of the person who submits it.
- If necessary, the photographer will obtain a written release for public use of the photo from identifiable individuals in the photograph submitted.
- The photo should be submitted as a high-resolution (1 MB or higher) .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .pdf.
How to Submit your Photograph for Entry
- If you have a gmail address, you can submit your photograph entirely online with our Digital Entry Form.
- If you do not have a gmail address, or prefer to not submit your work digitally, you can submit your photograph by
- Printing and filling out the paper entry form, available at the Main Library or Freedom Branch AND
- Submitting it along with your photograph in person at either the Main library or Freedom Branch.
For questions or more information, please contact Chris Brant by email (chris.brant AT cityofwatsonville.org) or phone (831) 768-3407.