Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
The Interlibrary Loan service allows card holders to borrow materials not owned by Watsonville Public Library (WPL). This service permits patrons access to a much wider range of materials than would otherwise be possible.
- Come in or call the Information/Reference Desk at 831-768-3404.
- Talk with the librarian to provide the necessary information.
- The item usually arrives within two to five weeks.
More Details about Borrowing ILL Items
- You may have up to five ILL requests in process at any one time (requested and checked out.)
- Items published within the last 18 months are not available to borrow through ILL.
- There is no charge to you as Watsonville Public Library pays the operating costs associated with Interlibrary Loan orders. However, if a lending library requires additional charges, patrons will be asked if they wish to pay the additional charges or cancel the request.
- The checkout period depends on the lending library's policies; please be prepared to pick up and use the item as so as possible. There are no renewals.
- You can return ILL material to either branch.
- Check your online record to see that the request has been received and if it is ready to be picked up.
- Does it cost to use the ILL service?
- What if the ILL item I borrowed is damaged or lost?
- How do I make a request?
- How do I return the item?
- How do I know that my request is in process?
- How long does it take for the item to arrive?
- How many ILL requests can I make?
- How will I know the item has arrived? Where do I pick it up?
- I need more information. Who can I talk with?
- I still need the item. Can I renew it?
- What can I request?
- What do I need to make an ILL request?
- What is the philosophy of Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
- What is WorldCat?
- Why is the check-out period (so short) (so long) (not three weeks)?
- Why is there a yellow paper band wrapped around the item?