Business & Resident Water Conservation Resources
Watsonville depends on local groundwater wells for about 90% of our water. We are pumping more water from our wells than can be refilled by rainfall each year. Drought or no drought, conservation is our new way of life!
The City of Watsonville generously supports water conservation by providing free resources and incentives for both businesses and residents alike who want to help us meet our water conservation goals while saving money at the same time.
See the list of free resources below or visit the City's Conservation Headquarters at the Nature Center, located in the back of Ramsay Park, for more information and additional resources.
These resources include:
- Free Water Consultation (PDF): trained staff will visit your home or business to evaluate your landscape and indoor water use. They will make specific recommendations tailored to your needs while providing incentives and rebates for modifications.
- Landscape Water Conservation Rebate: The City of Watsonville offers a $1.00 per square foot rebate for customers to replace high-water-use lawns with drought-tolerant, permeable landscaping including edible perennials. Interested customers are eligible for a replacement rebate of up to $500 for residents and $1,000 for multi-family, commercial or institutional customers. Coupled with the State of California rebate, customers may receive up to $2 per square foot for lawn replacement.
- The Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency offers a rain barrel rebate. Rebate form. (831) 722-9292
- Free Toilet Replacement: for most toilets installed prior to 1992 or marked greater than 1.6 gallons per flush, the City of Watsonville will replace your old model free of charge.
- Toilet Replacement Rebate (PDF): $100 rebate should you purchase a new, efficient toilet rated to flush at a maximum of 1.28 gallons or less per flush. This rebate will be expiring as of July 1st 2021.
- Washing Machine Replacement Rebate (PDF): $100 rebate should you purchase a new Energy Star Certified Washing Machine to replace less efficient washing machine models. This rebate will be expiring as of July 1st 2021.
Plumbing Retrofit Water Conservation Certification ProgramVisit our Plumbing Retrofit Water Conservation Certification Program page to learn about the requirements when selling/buying a home
- A Guide to Water-Conserving Plants for the Pajaro Valley (PDF)
- City of Watsonville Water Service Area Map (PDF)
- Investing In Our Water System (PDF)
- Landscape Water Conservation Program Local Landscaping Resources (PDF)
- Lawn Replacement Rebate Application (PDF)
- Lawn Replacement Rebate Program (English and Spanish) (PDF)
- Toilet Rebate Form
- Washer Rebate Form (PDF)
- Water Consultation Brochure 2017
- Water Rates 2021-22 (PDF)
- Water Waste Report Form (PDF)